International Student Health Requirements
The Health Services office collaborates with the Center for Global Engagement to collect, store, and monitor health requirements for all students. Health Services is a valuable student resource for medical services and health information.
New international students are required to provide specific immunization dates and documents, and evidence of Tuberculosis Screening. All students are also required to provide a health history (not a physical examination). Please see the link below for specific information on how to complete this in the Health Services Student Portal.
Please submit the requirements using the Health Services International information sheet through the Health Services student portal.
Duquesne University International Student Health Requirements:
- Submit health history online in DORI
- Provide DATES of required immunizations:
- Two - Measles/Mumps/Rubella or MMR vaccine dates
- Provide proof of TUBERCULOSIS INFECTION TESTING via IGRA blood test. If receiving test in your country, it must be within two weeks of arrival on campus
- If you choose to be tested in the United States upon arrival, the only accepted tuberculosis screening test is the Quantiferon Gold (Q-Gold) blood test.
- MENINGOCOCCAL ACYW VACCINE date (after the 16th birthday) if planning to reside in on-campus residential housing. This requirement can be waived if you are living off-campus. Those wishing to obtain a waiver should contact the office ofr Student life to initiate the process.
Annual forms for returning international students
QGold waiver forms are required to be completed each year following your QGold blood test. This form is located on the Health Services website below. Forms must be completed annually. If your QGold test result has always been negative in the past, complete the Annual Negative QGold Form and upload into the DORI Health Portal under the immunization section. If your QGold test was ever positive in the past, complete the Annual Positive QGold Form and upload into the DORI Health Portal under the immunization section.
Please provide proof of COVID-19 vaccines. If you are unable to recieve the vaccines before entering, they can be administered through the Duquesne University Center for pharmacy Care. Please call 412-396-2155 to schedule an appointment.
NOTE: ANY medical records brought from your country MUST be translated to English.
Failure to comply with Health Services will affect your immigration. Students who do not meet with Health Services will have a hold on their registration. Students who can't register will violate their student status since they must be registered each semester to maintain F-1 status.
Students are strongly suggested to purchase the Duquesne University Student insurance plan which is offered by the UPMC Health Plan. Students who wish to waive the Student insurance plan must have a policy that is compliant with the university's standard and have coverage in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Please call QMservices for any questions regarding plans or visit their website. https://qmservicesinc.com